Friday, October 8, 2010

placemats

A long, long time ago, when I was just a teensy little teenager, I worked at a lovely place called Target (true story: I've never been able to wear red since). I was always assigned to the front lanes, meaning that I got to see everything people were buying, and everything that was on sale. It was basically the best place to be. Except for the fact that every hour felt like a day....but I digress.

Anyway, one day I saw these cute little bamboo placemats that were on sale for just 25 cents each. 25 cents! For a placemat! Naturally I had to buy 4 because I just knew that I would do something super creative and cute with them. I was proud.

Years went by, and the little bamboo placemats sat in my room, wasting away. Several times I was tempted to just get rid of them, but something inside of me would resist. Part of me just knew I was going to do something with them eventually, so I kept them.

Well my friends, those little bamboo placemats have finally found their purpose. Today, a project four-and-a-half years in the making has been made complete. I painted those little suckers and placed them above my bed. SUCCESS.
(true story: whenever I try to say SUCCESS in real life it never really works out for me, which kinda defeats the purpose of saying SUCCESS....)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not in love with them. But I really don't care because now those stupid little placemats can stop bugging me to give them a home.

(you're welcome, placemats)

------------------------------------------------

"Git r done."

-Larry the Cable Guy

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The pictures aren't working. :(

Cassie said...

Amy, your room looks super cute! I really like the painted bamboo. What gave you that idea? Anyways, way cute. My only question is what does TOMS mean on your bulletin board?

Cassie said...

I didn't write that mom did

Super Happy Girl said...

Isn't your room precious!
I love the flowers and the supah crafty place mats.

PS: Your comments kill me! XD