Thursday, May 5, 2011

laughter is the best medicine

Well, it's that semi-annual time of year again where I hate life and want to crawl into a cave to avoid the terrible pain and frustration that besets me during this time. 
Yep, it's finals season. 

This week has been absolutely nuts, and while I've barely made it without some sort of stress-induced heart failure or hernia (yep, hernia. don't ask questions just go with it) I seem to be doing ok now and I think I'm going to make it out with my sanity intact! 
(hallelujah) 
I've found that the best way to deal with this kind of stress is to laugh, so for the past few days I've been searching for funny things on the net (ha, remember when people called it the net? Which reminds me....I need to add The Net to my list of movies to rewatch).

Anywhos, I found a list of quotes that make me a little sad for this world, but they made me laugh so I'm grateful to the people who said them. Enjoy. 

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

You guys, line up alphabetically by height.
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada.
- Britney Spears, on Blender Magazine (April 2004)

I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
- Greg Norman, Golfer

I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Predictions are difficult. Especially about the future.
- Yogi Berra, Baseball player

The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing.
- Dizzy Dean, explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series

The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theisman, quarterback and sports analyst

Half this game is ninety percent mental.
- Danny Ozark, Philadelphia Phillies manager

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

That's just the tip of the ice cube.
- Neil Hamilton, BBC2

It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.
- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas.
- Keppel Enderbery, Former Australian cabinet minister

We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don’t like eating fish. And I know that's very popular out there in Africa.
- Britney Spears

So Carol, you're a housewife and mother. And have you got any children?
- Michael Barrymore

Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Fran Lebowitz, US writer

-------------------------------------------------

By the way, I'm graduating in a week! Hooray for no more terrible finals!

No comments: