Sunday, October 24, 2010

a funky funk

Photobucket

This week has been an interesting one.

I've been going from feeling inspired and motivated beyond belief, to feeling lethargic and lazy, and then to frustrated and bitter, usually within the time frame of a few hours. It's made for a bumpy week.

For example, on Friday afternoon I came home with a long list of To-Do's that I had made while working at my Make-A-Wish internship (I don't know why, but it's usually there that I formulate my mental list of things that must get done -- maybe it's the git-r-done atmosphere of an office? who knows...). I came home and was ready to tackle that list and have a productive day, dangit!

I started with laundry. I threw a load in and happily crossed it off my list.
Laundry: Check.
Next I tidied up my bedroom and threw away the trash that had been overflowing from the garbage can (to be fair, I'm pretty sure my garbage can is a size meant for Barbies, so it overflows easily)
Clean room: Check.
Then I unloaded the dish washer, rinsed the dishes in the sink, and then reloaded the dishwasher.
Clean house: Check.

Woohoo! I'm on a roll! I thought. Three items: dunzo.
Then I started looking at the other items on the list:

* Blog
* Make [craft project for specific person] and mail it to her
* Find internships that pay a ton, are fun, and are related to accounting
* Practice photography and find awesome locations that look AMAZING
* Learn how to fly and/or teleport

And here's how the rest of the day went:

Ok, I'll start with the blogging.
Oh look, there's my bed, it's so big and beautiful. My blankets want me to lay in them....and I've already accomplished three items on my list...so I'll just take a quick little nap. I deserve it.

Next thing I know it's 6:00pm and any chance of getting anything done is out the window.

And that's how it's been all weekend.
It seems that if this were a fight, Sleep would be beating Productivity's BOOTY.
I'm not really sure why this funk has been hangin around this week, but it better get the h outta here by tomorrow or I'ma be tiiiiicked.

So what did you do this weekend?
------------------------------------------------------

"You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

-Steve Jobs
(from one of the most inspiring articles I've ever read, found here.)

4 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Just found your blog &wanted to say you are super duper cute!

Melanie said...

I think you should have added NAP to the top of your to-do list, then you would have accomplished 4 things on your list!! Remember you need to take care of yourself too. And, I know you don't want to hear this, but feeling like you aren't getting the things done you want to get done will only get worse the older you get. :) So, don't fret about it, things that HAVE to get done will, and you'll eventually find time for all you want to do! Oh, and you forgot to mention you saw your awesome sister and new nephew this weekend!! That was productive!! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

"Learn how to fly and/or teleport."
Please get back to me on that, pronto!

Super Happy Girl said...

btw, you accomplished more that I did AND I am a mom ;/