Monday, October 25, 2010

song of the week

I've decided my theme song for this week is going to be
Firework by Katy Perry.

I heard it for the first time last week after a particulary hard day, and I teared up a little when I listed to the lyrics. It's basically about how even though at times we feel like we're not enough, we're capable of accomplishing so much if we just let our true selves shine. Combine the lyrics with an energetic melody and an orchestra, and you've got a recipe for AMAZING.
Since it hasn't become a victim of radio station overkill {yet}, and in honor of Katy Perry surviving her Indian wedding in a tiger reserve, I felt like now was the appropriate time to make it my song of the week.

Here's the song:

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Awesome!

Natali Puga said...

Oh loving the song!

so glad i found your blog.