Wednesday, October 27, 2010

tv shmeevy

Ever since I can remember, I've been a TV whore.

Yep, I said it. TV and I have been tight like the flaming red spandex bodysuit on this lady:

Photobucket

I don't know why, but the shows I would watch usually seemed to revolve around specific channels. For example, one year it was all about The Disney Channel. Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, Sister Sister, Boy Meets World, and Smart Guy were where it was at. And I can't forget about the Disney Channel Original Movies, like Cadet Kelly, Double Teamed, The Luck of the Irish, and The Even Stevens Movie. Goodness, I forgot how much I loved those shows (I can still watch Even Stevens for hours on end, that show never gets old).

Other channels I would watch religiously included The Pax Network, TLC, ABC Family, The Game Show Network, and MTV. Don't judge. (To make up for it, I have never seen an episode of Jersey Shore or Teen Mom. I think I can be forgiven). I don't think my "One Network Only" policy was intentional, but maybe I was just that lazy that I had to keep my shows to one channel to minimize the effort it takes to press the Channel Up button.

Anyways, those days have passed, and I've moved onto bigger and better things: Three networks. At once! I now watch shows on ABC, NBC, and FOX. Crazy, I know.

And since I can basically feel you guys begging me to tell you the shows I watch now, I am going to tell you what they are, as of October 27th, 2010, in order of my level-o-love.

Photobucket

1. Chuck
Level-O-Love: 10
Synopsis: Chuck is a Nerd.
Chuck has government secrets implanted into his brain.
Chuck becomes spy.
Chuck loves Sarah.
Chuck is hott.
Chuck wins.

Photobucket
he's sooo sexy when he's in spy-mode

If you've read all of my posts and haven't gathered that I love this show, you have problems that I can't help you with. I love this show oh so much, and my heart squees everytime Chuck gives a tender glance toward Sarah when she's not looking, or when Morgan electricutes himself to save the day. The plot can be super cheesy at times, but each character brings so much humor, wit, action, and tenderness to the show in their own unique way, that they suck you in and make you feel like you're their best friend. It's awesome and I have the first 3 seasons on DVD so BORROW THEM.
----------------------------

Photobucket
Some of these people died/aren't in the show anymore, but whatevs

2. Brothers and Sisters
Level-O-Love: 9.5
Synopsis: Norah Walker is the widowed mother of 5 adult children - Sarah, Tommy, Kitty, Kevin, and Justin - who, together, deal with the suck that comes with life, as well as the joy and triumphs. People died, I cried.

Photobucket

This show makes my heart happy. The sibling interaction is so real, and I'm constantly laughing out loud, lol-ing, at the things they say to each other. They fight, they make fun, they laugh, but most of all they're there for each other. I think out of any show on TV, this one is the best at making me really feel the emotions of the characters, and every week it takes me on an emotional roller coaster. I love it.
--------------------------

Photobucket

3. Desperate Housewives
Level-O-Love: 9
Synopsis: Housewives. Wysteria Lane. Drama. The end.

Photobucket

I'd have to say this one is my guilty pleasure. It's hilarious, it's heart-warming, it's scandalous, it's suspensful, it's [I'm running out of things to say]...basically: it's pure entertainment.
------------------------------

Photobucket

4. The Office
Level-O-Love: 8.5
Synopsis: Michael Scott. Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Photobucket

This show never fails to make me laugh, but the reason it's lower on the list is because it's gone into the "friend zone". You know, you can always count on it being there, but it doesn't make your heart go pitter patter like it used to. I'm still depressed that Steve Carrell is leaving this season, but I digress.
---------------------

Photobucket

5. Running Wilde
Level-O-Love: 3.5
Synopsis: Rich guy who has never worked a day in his life is trying to get a bare-bones activist to fall in love with him, while she is trying to make him a better person.

Photobucket

This show made its debut this season, and after I saw the first three episodes I was hooked. Obsessed. The little "Arrested Development" lover inside of me popped its head out, grabbed hold of this new show {which has the same producers and some of the same actors} and hasn't let go. A few more episodes in, and now I wish I could say I love it, I want to love it, the little me inside of me wants to love it, but I'm just not really digging it anymore. However, I haven't given up, which is why I included it in this list.

Aaaaaand those are my shows.
Sorry of the synopses don't make sense or if there's a spelling/grammar error every other word, but I'm tired and I just really don't care enough to go back and proof read.

Happy 2 days til Halloween weekend!

--------------------------------------------------

"Awesome!"

-Captain Awesome
(from "Chuck")

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I watch A LOT of TV, but none of these! Oh, well, The Office, sort of. I think it sucks now, and I haven't watched in two weeks. I am all over Bravo.