Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tuck-son

Today my friend Shawna and I decided to be adventurous and journeyed to the ugly place of Tucson, or Tuckson as I call it (only so I can remember how to spell it--it's really pronounced too-sawn).
Photobucket

Not from Arizona? Here's a little background:

This is Arizona.
Photobucket

If cities were a family of people, the Phoenix Metro area would be the outgoing, popular, sometimes stuck-up but overall awesome one with all of the friends. Flagstaff would be the outdoorsy, chill, hairy one who gets along with everyone, but kinda keeps to herself. Tucson would be the ugly step-sister.

This was my first time going to Tucson, so I guess I may be judging it bit harshly, but seriously, that place is ugly. The words "sprinkler system", "irrigation" and "landscaping" don't exist there.

But they have some awesome stores, which is the reason we went.

We decided to check out the super cute boutiques and artsy shops they have downtown, and I was kinda blown away. Here are a few things we saw:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pretty sure Shawna wanted to shank me because of all of the pictures I took.

And just for fun:
Photobucket
This is the craziest picture of me I've ever taken. Creepy with a touch of anime eyes.

Photobucket
Sometimes I wonder how I have friends.

Overall it was a pretty fun time. Would I go back? Eh.
(Unless it's to visit you, Amy & Justin! :) Seriously let's make it happen.)

That's basically everything exciting I did this weekend.

K.....bye.

----------------------------------------

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."

-Jimmy Buffett

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I've only been to Tucson like 2 times, but I don't know why people like to give it such a bad rep. Really, it's not any uglier than Phoenix is! Glad you had fun though.

Terri said...

Yesterday;
Terri- "Shawna, did Amy bring her camera?"

Shawna- "No" (not looking up from the laptop screen).

Grrrrrr. . .

Love the pics and the analogy.

Lets do cereal now.

Flagstaff= Granola
Phoenix= Steel Cut Oats
Tucson= ?

Kristina P. said...

Hey, even the ugly stepsister needs some love.

And I'm REALLY surprised my fasting didn't work. I mean, it was for a whole 3 minutes!! I waited an entire three minutes between eating PB M&Ms. I'm surprised Jesus didn't reward you for that.

Super Happy Girl said...

It looks so colorful! Tucson should hire you to do some badly needed PR.