Sunday, November 28, 2010

you're better than you think you are

Why, hello again.

As you can tell I've been quite the slacker these days. I promise not to leave you in the dark for so long again. (That's an empty promise. It will most likely happen again, but let's pretend otherwise.)

A few weeks ago I went on another photoshoot with some friends, but this time it was a couple's photoshoot. This was a big deal for me since it was my first time ever shooting a couple, and I literally had no idea what I was doing. At one point I'm pretty sure I said "Just...do something cute."
Yep. Like I said, I had no idea.
They were my friends so I was able to be as awkward as I needed to be, but I became really discouraged when the shoot was over.
I was convinced that I was going to quit photography.

I suck.
I'm soo not meant for this.
I didn't even get one good picture!
and
They probably think I'm a terrible photographer...

...were all thoughts that I had. I was so frustrated.
For a few days I refused to look at the pictures I had taken and planned on never editing them, but then one day I had a sudden burst of motivation and decided to work on them.
I don't know how, or why, or when it happened, but somehow I had actually captured pictures that day that I loved. I was shocked, and sort of in awe.

Guess I won't be quitting photography anytime soon.

Here are the shots that I loved:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If anyone would like to endure my (extreme) inexpertise for some free pictures, hit me up. I need practice! Seriously though. Please hit me up.

------------------------------------------------

"Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not."
-Henri Frederic Amiel

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are great! The giant sunglasses one is adorable.

Cassie said...

Wow Amy! I always knew you had obvious as well as hidden talent just waiting to be discovered! I really like the first picture the best. It looks like something you'd see in a studio. Keep up the good work!

Cassie said...

Hey Amy....when are you going to blog about your trip to the Grand Canyon? Inquiring minds want to know.

Terri said...

these are beautiful!

you have a natural God given gift.
continue cultivating it!!!!

Super Happy Girl said...

The first picture is my mostest favoritests, although all of them are awesome.
You are way better than you think you are :)

When you come to WA I will "Let you take my picture."

Super Happy Girl said...

Have you watched Tangled yet?
Did you cry?
Chuck did a great job!

Diana Smith said...

Wow! I love the first photo, there is so much emotion and you can just tell they are in love! You did a great job at capturing that!

Cassie said...

Hey Amy, since mom keeps posting to you without my permission and on my user, i decided to post a comment, that is actually from me, Cassie. Hey amy! Excellent Job on the first picture. It would be excellent for even a professional i bet. i love you amy and you really are awesome.. :) bye.

Cassie said...

Oh yeah unrelated message: (since i quit Facebook i have to send a message via your Blog right now.)

First of all: What is your email address, that you commonly use?
I have a purse at our house which i think is worth like 25 dollars and it looks untouched and practically new, plus i am pretty sure it belongs to you, it is black and would probably make a good present from you for somebody or at least give you 25 extra dollars if you sold it, which may come in handy.
Also your sweater thing is at my house and i kind of wore it once when i didn't have a sweater.. but i refused to wear it unless it was vital. Anyways, you should come and get it. Plus, do i have your permission to wash it first?

Unknown said...

I love, love, love the last picture!

Super Happy Girl said...

So...like...what's up?

Claire Kiefer said...

Those are great; I especially love the playful one. I'm sure they loved your photos!

Renée said...

Looooooove the big sunglasses! SO cute! You're a great photographer!!!! :)