Thursday, April 21, 2011

my weekend

This past weekend my friend Shawna and I decided to take a delightful drive up to the precious town of Prescott, Arizona, for a fun little day trip. In case you're part of the 90% of the population who pronounces it "press-cot," I'm here to inform you that it's "PRESS-KIT." Mmmk? Get it right.

We went just for funsies since life in the valley can get pretty dull sometimes, and lemme tell you, it was a ball.

Photobucket

Shawna really loves when I take beautiful pictures of her, and since this is an extremely beautiful picture I knew I had to share it with you all. (You're welcome, Shawna!)

We started out the day by taking some senior pics for her, because I'm such a fabulous photographer & all, but she wants those to be kept on the DL so no sneaky peeks for you. Maybe I'll post pictures of them later, who knows!

Anyway, afterwards we hit up a makes-you-die-inside-because-it's-so-cute little boutique, and I got some fab sunglasses and a ridiculously cute San Fran trolley figurine thingy. I didn't take a picture of the trolley because I'm a winner at life, but the sunglasses will make a debut later on in this post. (Oooooo the anticipation!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we walked around, visted a little bakery, took more pictures, ate lunch, and just enjoyed our little hearts out.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Sometimes I am closed Mondays? How cute is that!?)

Photobucket
(Sunglasses! oooooh, ahhhh)

Photobucket

While we were walking around, several people told us about a chalk festival that was taking place just a few blocks away. We knew that we had to check it out, and it was AMAZING. Basically all we had to do was give them our contact info and they gave us a little baggy of chalk and a designated square to create our masterpiece in.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(PHOTO TAKEN BY SHAWNA P.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were some amazing artists there who created some insanely awesome artwork, and I'm glad that I didn't see them before I created my own masterpiece or else I would have just drawn a circle and walked away in shame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had happy fun times, and I'll definitely be going again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Peace.

---------------------------------------

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

-Unknown

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You really have a great eye!

Kate Weber said...

That looks like such a fun trip! Those photos are beautiful! I love chalk art, and it astounds me how talented some people are. It also makes me kind of sad that the next time it rains, that beautiful piece of art is just washed away.

Beautiful pictures!

Simply Kate